These top 10 films are perfect for relieving stress or just wanting to relax after a hard day with; fantastic music, colours, storylines and wonderful characters you will just fall in love instantly.
1. E.T. (The Extra-Terrestrial)
– E.T. is the classic science fiction, about a lonely young boy (Elliott,) who befriends an extra-terrestrial. The wonderful music throughout with its heavy emphasis on string instruments and flutes lulls you into a sense of calm and captivating adventure.
2. Finding Nemo
– Finding Nemo is the computer animated, comedy-drama adventure. It tells of Nemo, a young clownfish who is abducted. The vibrant, rich colours create a relaxing, fun atmosphere, as does the deep voiceover and use of jazz accompaniment throughout.
– Grease is a musical, about the unlikely love of two polar opposites, in a 1950s high school. The relatable friendships between the characters, not forgetting the sensational pop, jazz and rock and roll tunes create an energetic yet very watchable film.
4. 50 First Dates
– 50 First dates is a light-hearted romantic comedy. The film is set in gorgeous Hawaii creating a very soothing vibe and with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore it adds that extra familiar touch for the viewer.
5. Bridget Jones
– Bridget Jones’ Diary is the ultimate romantic comedy. Bridget the star creates a real air of likeability, instantly putting the viewer at ease with her very clumsy nature and making it perfect to watch with some popcorn and a large glass of wine.
6. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
– The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is a fantasy-adventure. It follows four children; Lucy, Susan, Edmund and Peter. Narnia, with its prominent use of orchestral music, creates the feeling of snuggling up on a cold winters evening with a cup of hot cocoa.
7. When Harry Met Sally
– When Harry Met Sally is a romantic-comedy, tackling the notion, ‘can men and women ever really be just friends?’ Complete with household names Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal portraying two friends who fall in love, it’s an easy-to-watch weekend film.
8. Forrest Gump
– Forrest Gump is a romantic comedy depicting the whirlwind life of Forrest. It contains some beautiful and now infamous blues and rock ‘n’ roll music, evoking feelings of long lost loves and friends, perfect to put your feet up to.
9. Pretty Woman
– Pretty Woman is a romantic comedy.
– An insatiably wealthy businessman encounters a beautiful prostitute but not all is as it seems as the two gradually fall in love. The film’s unusual and effective use of ballads and heavy female vocalists create a relaxing and refreshing vibe.
– Australia is a historical romance. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman evoke genuine admiration for their characters as the audience relaxes into the plot; the heavily vocal music adds the traditional twist and authenticity.
These films offer something for everyone, from Finding Nemo which will capture your imagination and propel you back to your childhood years, to E.T. which will fill you full of a renewed faith in human kindness.